Create a 5% increase in community participation in
sporting, social, and community gardening programs
aimed at reducing population obesity.
- Conduct a citywide inventory of community
gardens and local farmers markets.
- Utilize existing relationships with local
agencies, such as school districts and nonprofit
organizations, and increase awareness
and participation in community gardens and
- Utilizing local resources, create and facilitate
“How To…” classes focusing on “green”
throughout the city.
- Develop strategies and programing
which will encourage the reduction of the
overweight and obesity rates of Riverside
to less than 50 percent.
- Develop a citywide campaign to promote a
- In coordination with local medical facilities,
encourage participation by the Riverside
community in annual health and wellness fairs.
- Coordinate with local senior centers on
a regular basis to ensure that Riverside’s
growing senior community has access to
comprehensive healthy living resources.
5% reduction in the City’s population with asthma by 2020.
- Work with county to identify factors contributing
to asthma in the city and develop a baseline for
- Use asthma baseline and identified contributing
factors to pursue reductions in asthma affected