Riverside is the 12th largest city in California and home to more than 300,000 people with diverse cultures and traditions. Our city is home to several prestigious universities and is made up of more than two dozen unique neighborhoods. More than 100 years after its founding, Riverside still honors its strong heritage and takes great care to preserve its natural resources.
On GreenRiverside.com, you’ll find out just how easy it is to save water and energy as a RPU customer. From our lighting and home appliance rebates to our new construction and waterwise landscape incentives, there are lots of ways for you to save while increasing efficiency. Take a look around!
Reusable shopping bags can be a great alternative to plastic shopping bags. Here are some facts about plastic and paper bags that may change how you use them:
• Americans use over 14 billion plastic bags annually.
• The petroleum in just 14 plastic bags could drive a car one mile.
• It takes 70% more global warming gasses to make a paper bag than a plastic bag.
• Reusable bags help keep paper and plastic bags out of our landfills and oceans.
• By shopping with reusable bags, you can help reduce the harmful effects plastic and paper bags have on marine wildlife.
• The vast majority of plastic bags end up in landfills.
• Each reusable bag holds the equivalent of three to four plastic bags or two paper bags.
• Millions of trees are used in the production of paper bags.
• Some local stores offer discounts to customers who use reusable bags (check with your local merchants).
RPU's 100% polypropylene reusable shopping bags will be available to RPU customers on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.*
For additional information about reusable shopping bags, visit www.1bagatatime.com.